Skip to main content

I did not award any $2 billion arms procurement contract - Jonathan

Former President Goodluck Jonathan has denied claims by former NSA Sambo Dasuki that he awarded a $2 billion arms procurement contract while he was in office. Jonathan stated his position on the controversy surrounding arms procurement investigative panel, while speaking at a forum in Washington DC, yesterday November 19th
“I did not award any $2 billion contract for procurement of weapons. Where did the money come from?” he said
In a statement on Wednesday November 18th, Dasuki alleged that he bought some weapons worth over $2 billion which was approved by the former President(read here). He also dismissed allegations that $59.8 million was stolen just a year before the end of his government

“In Nigeria, if you lose $59.8 million in a year, federal and state governments will not pay salaries. Of course we brought international audit teams, forensic auditors and they didn’t see that,” he said.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Olajumoke Orisaguna Stuns In New Photos

Bread-seller turned model Olajumoke,who is currently shooting for her new reality show really looks amazing as she stuns in several outfits. Here are more photos below......

Justin Bieber Billboard magazine cover

Made him look a little like a lesbian. The 21 year old covers the new issue of Billboard magazine where he revealed he has trust issues and feels constantly judged  .... " It might seem awesome from the outside,' he told the publication, 'but I’m struggling. Certain things broke my trust with people....I felt like people were judging me all the time.,' he admitted. 'I came out alive. I came out swinging. But I was close to letting [fame] completely destroy me,' he revealed. See more photos... .

The reason behind Halle Berry and Olivier Martinez split

  Last week rumors spread that  Halle Berry  and third husband actor Olivier Martinez may be headed for divorce. And now there are reports that the reason behind the split is Halle and Olivier Martinez' 6 month old son... From  Star Magazine Friends say that the duo are leading increasingly separate lives because they can’t stop fighting. “They have had some extremely vicious arguments, and every small thing is causing issues,” a source says. “Olivier thinks Halle is spending too much time working and trying to lose weight and not enough time on their baby. Halle is tired of Olivier telling her what to do. Both of them are very hot tempered and stubborn.